A true blue Aussie collaboration: Australian Made custom cycling jerseys on the wheels of a worthy cause
“Healthy Body, Resilient Heart”
No one should have to endure the life-long scars of severe trauma.
But when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. This has never been truer than the plight that Mark & Julie Wallace have been on ever since their daughter, Sara Zelenak, aged 21, was tragically killed in the London terrorist attacks at London Bridge and Borough Markets in 2017.
Living in London, Sara (Sarz) was taken just 3 weeks prior to meeting her parents in Paris. They have pledged that the loss and pain they have endured will not be in vain. They are founding a trauma sanctuary which will provide support for those suffering from traumatic grief as a result of a sudden or violent death.
“MEET YOU IN PARIS” Fundraising ride from London Bridge to the Eiffel Tower (23-29 June 2019)
The primary fundraiser for this sanctuary, to be built in Australia, is the “Meet You in Paris” ride which will be held this June for the second year. The ride will travel 350km from London Bridge to the Eiffel Tower.
As the directors of Engage Athletic, we were incredibly touched by Mark and Julie’s story on many levels. But empathy was not enough – there was more we could do. We contacted the family and offered our professional services to manufacture Australian Made custom cycling jerseys and t-shirts for the 2019 event.
Vibrant, high quality gear was required to wave the flag for this great cause. Eye-catching, detailed artwork was created and with careful attention to detail, we printed, pressed (sublimated) and sewed the garments in our Melbourne factory. The Performance cycling jerseys featured cool pass mesh fabric with rear pockets, sorbtek side panels and silicon hem gripper. The result is wonderfully bright, sharp, durable and stylish custom cycling jerseys and t-shirts ready to be ridden all over the world.
We strongly encourage our community to get involved in this incredible cause. You can do this by:
- Follow Sarz Sanctuary on Facebook: facebook.com/SarzSanctuary/
- Donating via https://sarz-sanctuary.org
- Participating in the 350km ride from London Bridge to the Eiffel Tower meetyouinparis.com.au
- Riding 350km in the month of June via the Sarz Sanctuary Strava virtual ride meetyouinparis.com.au. Fundraise then ride at home, in the gym or in the great outdoors.
- Traveling a distance that physically challenges you via your chosen method – walk, run, skate or ski! Fundraise then track your distance via Strava or FitBit.
We would like to sincerely thank Mark, Julie and the Sarz Sanctuary family for allowing us to be involved in this event.
Together let’s get our collective juices flowing and turn lemons into lemonade.
* READ MORE about how we made the Meet You in Paris jerseys and t-shirts here *